Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mapes (one of my wowing experience)


I want to share 1 of my experience (maybe one of my wowing experience) in my brotherhood life..
Experience about "mapes"

Mapes...
Yeah,, it’s not an English word..
It’s a phrase that usually used in Batak's cultural (one of Indonesian ethnic)..
mapes stands for "makan di pesta" it can be interpreted as "eat for free in a party"..




Which makes that experience to be interesting is that we do not know at all who's party it was..


Those experience actually my first experience in mapes... 
At first I thought the idea of mapes from my bros (my house-mates when i was in college) absolutely joking.. coz, I thought  it only happen in movies (do u remember “3 idiots?”).
Those experience happened last Sunday.. After churching, my bros ask me to join them going to “a party”.. I just laughing and laughing, coz I don’t get it at all (join a wedding party that u have no idea whose party it is).. one of my bros convince me that I will enjoy it, so I decided to join em… on our way to the party, I just laughing all over again, ask myself what d heck im going to do?
Before entering the wedding party my youngest bros told me “bro, please relax, it’s easy… just show a poker face” .. that words just make me laughing again, coz the youngest taught me how to act as a bad ass… ^_^
I am a little worried how we can enter the wedding, coz there are ushers welcoming each guest..   I finally followed my bros who’s already been entered and I made it with a stupid act… in the front of the usher, one of my bros sign the guest book followed by me, and what I did? I sign with my real name…
I was nervous at that time, I can’t even thought another name beside my name.. and the foolishness continued when we already get in the building,, I just spoiled up what just I did to my bros, and someone.. a young lady,, with a quite beautiful face staring at me (I thought she just heard what just I said)…after that, we enjoyed the foods and drinks.. after some minutes,  I already feel familiar with what just I did… doing “mapes”, entering stranger’s wedding party…
The sensation of entering stranger’s party is the most thrilling feeling in those experience,,, and even I learn nothing from those experience (LOL) , , I was glad to experience it..


PS
Let’s make another wowing experiences guys!!!
(dedicated to Tiranda’s 11 B)


2 comments:

niko simamora said...

nice experience..
wanna try again??
hehehe..

Destry Siagian said...

@ niko : once in a life time that's why it special ... :D

Popular Posts